We are looking for 1-2 Seasonal workers to join our team at Freville Farm. This is a part time or full time position. We do not provide housing.
Farm Labor, Greenhouse, Poultry care (egg layers only, no meat), Commercial Kitchen, Apiary.
Position Available APRIL/MAY, 2020
Hourly Rate: Negotiated based on experience.
Weekdays and possible Weekend Hours.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
Field/Greenhouse related work:
Seeding, watering, transplanting, weeding, thinning, mowing, trellising, trimming, irrigation installation, irrigation management, etc.
Harvest related work:
Harvesting, packing, washing, sorting, storing.
An understanding of harvest timing.
Maintaining a clean kitchen, recipe prep, food production, packaging, shipping.
Feed, Water, Cleaning of Coop, Egg collection and washing, maintain general health of the flock.
Strong problem solving skills and the ability to adapt to many situations
Strong work ethic and desire to “get the job done!”
Strong prioritization and organizational skills
Ability to work efficiently and effectively
Understanding of plant biology and general plant and livestock health
Strong leadership skills and the ability to delegate duties when needed
Previous farming experience a plus!
Physically able to lift heavy objects (at least 40lbs), also withstand all weather conditions
Maintain open communication with Farm Owner/Manager regarding any issues that may arise
Being prepared to do whatever farm work necessary in various conditions.
Understanding of Freville Farm’s vision and standard of quality
To apply for this position:
Send an email with Subject “Employment Opportunities”
Provide answer to these questions.
1) Name, Phone Number and current address.
2) Your age
3) Your farming or physical labor experience with three references. Include their phone number, email., and the dates you worked for them.
4) Your availability to come for an interview.
5) The date you wish to start working.
6) Do you have a current drivers licence?
7) Are you legal to work in the United States?
8) Are you able to work weekends and do you have any prior commitments that would prevent you from working at certain times/dates.
10) Tell us why you would be a fit at Freville Farm.
Send email to: email@example.com